Dine By The Fireplace This Valentine’s Day
A fireplace can be a romantic setting for Valentine’s Day. For many of our customers, their fireplace is their only source of heat in the home. It is viewed as a necessity, but the fireplace can also be a place of romance for you and yours. If you don’t already have a fireplace for your home be sure to check out our fireplace page for ideas to add one. Some ideas for a fireplace-themed Valentine’s Day include:
- Having a romantic dinner by the fireplace
- Creating a cozy atmosphere by lighting candles and placing them on the mantel
- Giving a gift of warm blankets to snuggle up with by the fire
- Setting the mood with some soft music or a playlist of love songs
- Having a romantic movie night by the fireplace with your significant other
- Enjoying a glass of wine or hot cocoa by the fire
- Decorating the fireplace with flowers, hearts, or other Valentine’s Day-themed decorations.
Working at the Energy House, talking about and eating good food is a must. There have been many sharing of ideas, recipes, and bringing food to share among us at work. I guess you could say it is apart of the company culture, especially with the business owner being a culinary enthusiast. For those staying at home this Valentine’s Day we suggest enjoying an intimate homemade dinner for two in front of the fireplace.
Valentine’s Day is a romantic holiday, so you may want to consider preparing a special meal for your loved one. Here are a few suggestions:
- Surf and Turf: Grilled steak and shrimp served with a side of garlic butter or a red wine reduction.
- Coq Au Vin: A classic French dish made with chicken braised in red wine, bacon, and mushrooms.
- Lobster Risotto: A decadent dish made with creamy risotto and succulent lobster.
- Beef Wellington: A dish of filet mignon wrapped in puff pastry and served with a red wine sauce.
- Chocolate fondue: A dessert fondue that can be made with chocolate and served with fruits, cookies, and other dippers.
- Red velvet cake: a classic valentines day dessert, a moist and fluffy red velvet cake served with cream cheese frosting.
Remember, a homemade meal and the company of your loved one is the most important, so make sure to enjoy your time together!